The Governance Council is one of Carpenter Community Charter’s largest decision-making bodies. It’s comprised of teacher representatives (elected by teachers), parent representatives (elected by parents), and non-teaching staff, and focused on fulfilling the goals outlined in our Charter.
The Governance Council has eight committees, each of which meets monthly to work on its respective subject matter. These committees are:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
- Strategic Planning
The committees bring back their findings and recommendations to the full Governance Council to aid in decision-making. The Governance Council meets the third Thursday of every month at 2:45pm in Cafe West. All of these meetings are open to the public, as are the committee meetings.
If you have questions about Governance, our committees, or would like more information, please feel free to contact the people listed below. If you would like to submit an item for consideration by the Governance Council, please fill out this submission form.
- General: Erin Matzkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget: Mike Watts, email@example.com, or David Rubio, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications: Netta Most, email@example.com, or Marci Dobrow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEIJ: Renece Salaam, email@example.com
- Safety: Oliver Latsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strategic Planning: Colin Sweeney, email@example.com
- Technology: Steve Grushcow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcoming: Anne Braveman Gips, email@example.com, or Erin Matzkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Governance, including detailed agendas and meeting minutes, please visit the Governance Council section of the Carpenter Community Charter website.